Sunday, January 3, 2010

Life is funny!

Hey to whomever is reading! Life is funny to me. It amazes me how dumb we as women can be. Those of us who believe in God, we pray for answers and when God gives them to us we ignore them. When it comes to men and our emotions we turn a deaf ear to what God is telling us. It is by faith that we should live, but let's be honest...We as women live by our emotions. Don't get me wrong emotions are very important, but as women we go overboard. I can say this because I am a woman and I sometimes make decisions based on emotions instead of my faith and head tells me is best. So many of us we let our emotions over rule our good senses. Let me break this all the way down. I'm sure any women reading this will probably not like what I am about to say. Examples of this is as follows: When a man lies and tells you that he is single when he really isn't. Yes it is wrong for him to lie to you but it's worst that we let our emotions rule and we deal with it. Now our good senses tells us to cut our loses and move on. But our dang emotions say "but I really love him and he will leave her for me". Now lets be real how many men really leave that woman for you? An even better question is why would you want him too. I mean think about it and not emotionally, you would see that if he was willing to do it to her he is 99.5% going to do it to you. And another take on that is how would you feel if it was happening to you? Another example is when you fall for this guy and you start to question things about yourself. I mean you start to lose your self esteem or you except him mentally or physically abusing you. Your emotions tells you that that is acceptable. Now you know that is not acceptable at all. Emotions make you accept being just a booty call. We say oh no hell loves me or he is just to busy to come on a regular bases. It's time that us as women realize that we are important. It's ok to be by yourself for awhile. I know it gets lonely but why sell yourself short. We are all truly worthy of being a man's pride and joy. So why do we sell ourselves short? That's the question I ask myself a lot. I still come back to our dang emotions. It's time that us as women put our emotions in check. I know you have serious emotions for him, so make him prove it. If he wants to be with you, he needs to stop selling you his lines and SHOW YOU! Words are cheap and dang it WE deserve more. Women we have a power that is like no other, but we just give it to a man. I'm not talking about playing games, I'm talking about demanding respect and stop selling ourselves short! I know that I have let my emotions lead me down the wrong path, but I am so tired of that. I am now doing my best to keep my emotions in check. It's not easy but it is necessary if I plan to live a happy life. I have let my emotions control me instead of me controlling them. That has gotten me nothing but my heart broken, me being used, and mistreated. I deserve better and all women deserve better. Okay it's time we CONTROL OUR EMOTIONS!

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly Lamon-AdamsJanuary 23, 2010 at 6:51 PM

    Emotions, what a powerful thing. Not easy to control.

    ReplyDelete